The Cursed Lighthouse of Cape St George (demo IV)

by Ghosts of Oceania

/
  • Streaming + Download

    Includes unlimited streaming via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

      $3.33 AUD  or more

     

1.
2.
3.
4.
03:53
5.

about

This 4th demo of midnight music delves into the ill fated and cursed light house of Cape St George, which is located in Jervis Bay, NSW, Australia.
Constructed in 1860, it was active until 1889 and then destroyed in 1922.

The families and staff who resided in the lighthouse suffered from a series of tragic
events which loomed over them for as long as the lighthouse stood.
In 1867 the lighthouse keepers daughter Isabella Jane Lee, died from typhus fever.
In 1882 pleurisy took the life of 13 year old George Gibson.
Florence Baily also succumbed to typhoid in 1885.
In 1883 William Markham the assistant lightkeeper from 1878-1883 died after being kicked in the head by a horse, in the same year 9 year old Francis Henry Hammer, who was fond of pushing rocks off the top of the cliff, ended up falling to his death.
In July 1887, Harriet Parker, daughter of the Assistant light keepers, was accidentally shot dead in 1887 by Kate Gibson, the Chief Keeper's daughter. The jury of the ensuing Coronial inquiry stated that Harriet had died "from a gunshot wound accidentally received, and that Kate Gibson was not to blame as they were skylarking...".
Not long later within the same year, 1887, Kate Gibson was found with her throat slashed open from ear to ear. Kate’s death was ruled at the time a "suicide"...
In 1895, the father of Florence, Edward Bailey, the Chief Lighthouse Keeper, while fishing 3KMs south of the lighthouse was washed off the rocks, became entangled in his lines, drowned, and then was taken by sharks, all this happened as his son watched on.
Because of the poor positioning of the lighthouse, from 1864 to 1893 there were 23 ships wrecked on the South Coast of NSW in the vicinity of Jervis Bay.
After the commissioning of a new lighthouse, it was considered that the confusion of having two towers in close proximity to one another would be a hazardous to navigation in daylight, especially during foul weather. As a result, the Cape St George Tower was unceremoniously used from 1917 to 1922 for target practice by the Royal Australian Navy and destroyed.

And thus only remains the eerie ruins of the cursed lighthouse of Cape St George...

Released on tape through Tour de Garde and limited to 100 copies.

credits

released January 8, 2017

Recorded during an eerie winters eve in 2015, except vocals recorded in the summer of 2016.
All music recorded with the guidance of the Ghosts of Oceania who haunt this southern dominion and send chills down our spine and those who still haunt the cursed lighthouse ruins of Cape St George.

tags

license

all rights reserved

about

Ghosts of Oceania Kiama, Australia

contact / help

Contact Ghosts of Oceania

Streaming and
Download help